The Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan has recently announced the commencement of Phase 3 of the “Allama Muhammad Iqbal Scholarship for Afghan Nationals” project. This initiative aims to provide HEC Allama Iqbal Scholarships youth, enabling them to receive quality education and enhance their skills in various fields such as Medicine, Engineering, Agriculture, Management Sciences, Social Sciences, and Computer Sciences. The project not only focuses on capacity building but also aims to strengthen the bilateral relationship between Pakistan and Afghanistan, fostering people-to-people contact between the two neighboring countries.
The scholarship covers a wide range of expenses including living allowance, book allowance, hostel dues, university tuition, and return airfare. The caretaker education minister, Madad Ali Sindhi, announced that this new phase will award 4500 scholarships to Afghan students over a period of three years, allowing them to study at top-ranked Pakistani universities. This announcement was made during a graduation ceremony for 281 Afghan students who successfully completed their studies under the phase-II of the program. In addition, on the occasion of the National Day of Allama Muhammad Iqbal, the Higher Education Commission has also declared 4500 fully funded scholarships for Afghan Nationals to pursue Bachelor, Master, and PhD programs at Pakistani institutes. This initiative reflects the commitment of both Pakistan and Afghanistan to promote education and strengthen their ties through academic collaboration.
HEC Allama Iqbal Scholarships Fields of Study
Afghan students have the opportunity to apply for various fields of study at the aforementioned levels of education:
- Management Science
- Computer science
- Social Science
- And more others
The MSc/PhD program in clinical medical sciences is not included in the coverage of this scholarship. Candidates who wish to pursue a PhD should have previously studied the same subject in their MSc or MPhil degree.
HEC Allama Iqbal Scholarships for Afghan Nationals
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Allama Iqbal Scholarships for Afghan Nationals
The Allama Muhammad Iqbal Scholarship Program requires candidates to fulfill certain eligibility criteria:
1. Only individuals of Afghan nationality are permitted to submit an application.
2. A legal agreement will be entered into between the Government of Pakistan and the recipients, obligating them to complete their education and return to Afghanistan upon obtaining their degree.
3. Individuals who are currently benefiting from or have previously received any other scholarship from HEC or the Government of Pakistan are not eligible to apply.
4. Applicants must have obtained the necessary academic qualifications on or before the application deadline.
5. Individuals with a foreign qualification must provide an equivalence certificate from IBCC Pakistan or HEC Pakistan to the relevant university.
6. The scholarship does not cover MS/PhD programs in Clinical Medical Sciences.
7. For admission to a PhD program, applicants must have studied the same subject at the MS/MPhil level.
- Education: Applicants must have successfully completed 12 years of education. Individuals who are currently awaiting their results are not eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 23 before the closing date of the application.
- Minimum 60% marks in general subjects are required, as per the IBCC Pakistan equivalency formula.
- Minimum 65% marks in Medical & Engineering subjects are required.
1. Applicants must ensure that they are below the age of 35 on the closing date of the application.
2. It is a requirement for applicants to have completed 16 years of education.
3. The minimum CGPA required for eligibility is 2.5 out of 4.0 or its equivalent.
PhD Degree Program:
1. Non-Faculty members must be under the age of 35, while Faculty members must be under the age of 40 to be eligible.
2. Completion of 18 years of education is a must for all applicants.
3. Applicants must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or its equivalent.
Available Fields of HEC Allama Iqbal Scholarships
The Scholarship program offers scholarships in various fields of study, ensuring opportunities for students across multiple disciplines:
- Management Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Computer Science, etc.
HEC Allama Iqbal Scholarships for Afghan Nationals Last Date
The deadline for submitting applications for the Allama Muhammad Iqbal Scholarship Program is November 30, 2023.
How to apply for HEC Allama Iqbal scholarship for Afghan Nationals
- In order to be considered for the Allama Iqbal Scholarship for Afghan Nationals, interested individuals must complete an online application form by the specified deadline of November 30, 2023. It is important to note that physical copies of the application form will not be accepted.
- This scholarship program, initiated by the Government of Pakistan, aims to provide quality education and enhance the skills of 4500 Afghan scholars over the course of three years. It offers opportunities for undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. studies.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must have completed 12 years of education or its equivalent. Additionally, they must be between the ages of 17 and 23 before the application closing date. Further requirements may vary depending on the level of study.
- The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan is responsible for overseeing the scholarship program. They conduct entry/pre-qualification exams at the Embassy in Kabul, as well as the Pakistan Consulates General in Herat, Qandhar, Jalalaabad, and Mazar-e-sharif. Successful candidates will be personally notified by the HEC through the Embassy.