The China Scholarship Council (CSC) provides fully-funded scholarships to Pakistani students in collaboration with HEC. Pakistani students can apply for undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies in China through this program. The Chinese government is offering CSC scholarships for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. programs in China. There are 289 designated Chinese universities that offer CSC scholarships. These universities are among the top institutions in China and provide a wide range of academic programs in various fields such as Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Medicine, Economics, Legal studies, Management, Education, History, Literature, Philosophy, and Fine arts for scholarship recipients at all levels. HEC Chinese Government Scholarship 2024 Apply Online
The deadline for online applications on the HEC portal for learning opportunities abroad is December 28, 2023. Only applicants with a valid HAT or USAT score obtained after January 1, 2022, will be considered for the Chinese Government Scholarship Program 2024-25. Applicants must submit their valid scores on the HEC portal during the application process.
Details About HEC Chinese Government Scholarship 2024
|Offered by:||Chinese Government|
|Degree Level:||Bachelor, Masters, PhD|
|Scholarship Coverage:||Fully Funded|
|Last Date:||December 28, 2023|
Chinese Government Scholarship 2024 Covers
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend:
- Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500
- Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000
- Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500
- Travel expenditure
Eligibility Criteria for Chinese Government Scholarship 2024
For Bachelor Programs:
Completed a minimum of two years of schooling (FA/FSc or equivalent A-level).
Age requirement: Under 25 years.
For Master’s Programs:
Must hold a bachelor’s degree.
Age requirement: Under 35 years.
For Ph.D. Programs:
Must hold a master’s degree.
Age requirement: Under 40 years.
- Pakistani and AJK nationals are eligible.
- Applicants must meet health requirements and provide a medical certificate.
- Proficiency in the Chinese language may be necessary for certain programs.
- Strong academic background and research potential are encouraged.
Required Documents for Chinese Government Scholarship 2024
Prospective applicants are not required to submit hard copies to HEC at this stage. Only shortlisted candidates must submit the following documents in English or Chinese. For any other language, documents must be accompanied by a notarized translation in English or Chinese. To avoid inconvenience, prospective applicants are advised to prepare the application dossier as follows:
- Copy of signed HEC application form in separate spiral binding. No additional documents should be attached.
- Copy of signed CSC application portal form along with the following documents:
- Attested copies of all educational documents.
- Photocopy of CNIC/B-form and Domicile.
- IBCC equivalency certificate (if applicable) and HEC equivalency if applicable.
- Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English.
- Language proficiency certificate or IELTS/TOEFL/HSK score (if applicable).
- Copy of a valid ordinary passport till March 01, 2025 (first two pages).
- Photocopy of the Physical Examination Record for foreigners completed in English.
- Non-criminal Record (Police Clearance Certificate) not older than six months.
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors (for graduate programs).
- NOC from the applicant’s employer (if employed).
- Valid documents of legal guardians in China for applicants under 18.
- Ensure accurate contact information in the application system.
- Submit clear, authentic, and valid scan copies of each required document on both portals.
- False information may lead to rejection, cancellation of future scholarships, and penalties.
- Apply online on HEC portal (www.scholarship.hec.gov.pk) by the deadline, December 28, 2023. DO NOT send hard copies.
- Apply on China Scholarship Council’s portal (Category A, Agency No. 5861) at Campuschina.org or https://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua.
- Incomplete or by-hand applications will not be considered.
HEC Chinese Government Scholarship 2024 Duration
The Chinese Government Scholarship includes both the main study and a Chinese language (preparatory) course. The table below outlines the duration for each program.
|Major Study (including preparatory years)||(Years)|
|Chinese Language (preparatory study year)||(Year)|
Important: Students, teachers, and scholars interested in the Chinese Government Scholarship are required to complete a Chinese language course .For undergraduates, the language of instruction will be Chinese after a one-year preparatory course. Students and scholars seeking the Chinese Government Scholarship must undergo a Chinese language program.
Benefits of Chinese Government Scholarship 2024
The Chinese Government will cover all the costs and expenses during the scholarship.
The full Chinese scholarship includes:
1. Waiver of all tuition fees, administration costs, and application fees.
2. Free accommodation at the university.
- CNY 2,500 per month for bachelor’s students
- CNY 3,000 per month for master’s students/general scholars.
- CNY 3,500 per month for doctoral students/senior scholars.
Please note that travel expenses will be the responsibility of the student. HEC will not have any financial responsibility in this regard.
How to Apply for HEC Chinese Government Scholarship
To apply, follow these steps provided by the Higher Education Commission (HEC): Click Here to Apply
Visit http://scholarship.hec.gov.pk/ and select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” after registering and completing your profile.
Submit your application before the deadline, December 28, 2023 (23:59 PM Pakistan Time).
Print a copy of the application and sign it.
Update HEC Profile:
Before applying, ensure your HEC profile is updated with the latest email/cell number and information.
Early Application Submission:
Complete and submit your application as early as possible due to anticipated high traffic on the online system closer to the deadline.
HAT and USAT Test:
Check the deadline and submit your online application for the HAT test (Masters & PhD) and USAT test (Undergraduate) at https://etc.hec.gov.pk/#/login.
If you have a valid HAT or USAT score after January 01, 2023, you can submit the score on the HEC portal during application submission.
Submit Online Application at CSC Web Portal:
Apply at the CSC web portal at http://www.campuschina.org/ or http://www.csc.edu.cn under program Type: A and Agency No.5861.
Download the submitted copy of the complete application form from the Chinese Scholarship Council portal, print it, and keep a signed copy with yourself.
HEC Chinese Government Scholarship 2024 Apply Online
Chinese Government Scholarship 2024 Application last Date
The final day to submit your application for the HEC Chinese Government Scholarship 2024-25 is December 28, 2023.
Learning Opportunities Abroad,
Scholarship Division, Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad
Call: 051-111-11-9432 OR 0334-111-9432 or visit https://onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk/