New Policy of hajj 2024 are announced 06 October 2023. The Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony of Pakistan has stated Pakistani Women Can Perform Hajj Without A Mehram. The Hajj Policy of 2024 introduces a ground-breaking breakthrough, allowing Pakistani women to do Hajj without the necessity for a Mehram (male guardian), marking a huge step towards the empowerment and inclusiveness of women. The goal of this historic policy change is to support autonomous female pilgrims and give them the courage and dignity to complete their spiritual journeys.
Key Highlights of Hajj Policy 2024
|Eligibility||Pakistani women above the age of 18 are eligible to apply for Hajj without a Mehram.|
|Accommodation Arrangements||Special accommodations and arrangements have been made to ensure the safety and comfort of female pilgrims.|
|Training and Guidance||Extensive pre-departure training sessions will be conducted to prepare female pilgrims for the sacred journey.|
|Group Travel Option||Female pilgrims have the option to travel in organized groups, providing an added layer of support and companionship.|
|Assistance at Makkah and Madinah||Dedicated personnel will be available to assist and guide female pilgrims throughout their stay in Makkah and Madinah.|
|Enhanced Security Measures||Stringent security measures have been implemented to guarantee the safety of all pilgrims, especially women.|
Pakistani Women Can Perform Hajj sans Mehram
- Islamabad [Pakistan], October 6 (ANI): Pakistan’s Ministry of Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony has said that Pakistani women would be allowed to perform Hajj without a mehram (a close male relative) as per the Hajj Policy 2024,
- The ministry has announced that the Hajj policy will be approved by the federal cabinet within a period of 10 days. Subsequently, the Hajj application process for the upcoming year will be subject to the cabinet’s approval.
- In addition, the ministry has formulated stringent regulations pertaining to the sighting of the crescent moon. According to these new regulations, only the Ruet-e-Hilal committee will have the authority to declare the sighting of the crescent moon. Private committees will not be permitted to do so, as recommended by the ministry.
- Previously, Aneeq Ahmed, the Caretaker Minister for Religious Affairs and Interfaith Harmony, stated that the Saudi Arabian government will provide enhanced facilities and improved services to Pakistani pilgrims during the Hajj in 2024. He further mentioned that accommodations, meals, and transportation for the pilgrims will be upgraded to ensure a more comfortable and convenient experience.
- Dr. Tawfiq bin Fawzan Al-Rabiah, the Saudi Minister for Hajj and Umrah, has assured Pakistan of Saudi Arabia’s commitment to further cooperation. He emphasized that the Saudi government is continuously striving to enhance services for Pakistani pilgrims, and various new initiatives have been implemented to ensure their comfort and convenience.
Pakistani Women Can Perform Hajj Without A Mehram
[Hajj Policy 2024]
Benefits of the New Hajj Policy 2024
Empowerment: By giving Pakistani women the freedom to go alone for the Hajj, this measure enhances their sense of agency.
Inclusivity: It makes sure that no woman is denied the chance to do this holy duty because a Mehram is not available.
Comfort and Safety: To provide a safe and enjoyable experience, specialized preparations and improved security measures have been put in place.
Group Support: The ability to travel in groups gives female pilgrims a sense of camaraderie and support during their journey.
Spiritual fulfillment: This policy enables women to devote their complete attention to their spiritual development, strengthening their relationship with God.
The Hajj Policy of 2024 marks a significant achievement for women in Pakistan, as it allows them the liberty to partake in the Hajj pilgrimage without requiring a Mehram. This forward-thinking step towards inclusivity and empowerment demonstrates a more holistic approach to religious customs. Anticipated outcomes of this policy include the opening of doors for countless women to embark on this revered journey with unwavering faith, determination, and a newfound sense of independence