University Of Waterloo Scholarship 2024 For International Students
Summary Of the University Of Waterloo Scholarship
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Waterloo
- Studied in Canada
- Courses Available: The scholarships are open to students who want to pursue undergraduate as well as research-based Master’s and Ph.D. degrees in any area provided by the University of Waterloo.
- Program Duration: Depends on the selected program.
- Deadline: April 15, July 15, and November 15
for Masters and Ph.D. students: Go here to access the program-specific deadline.
University Of Waterloo Scholarship Coverage
The University of Waterloo Scholarship provides recipients with the benefits listed below:
- The David Johnston-Lebovic Fund International Experience Awards will be given for as much as $2,500 to fund a single-term study experience, $2,500 to $5,000 for one-time volunteering or work experience, or up to $10,000 for 2-term volunteering or work experience.
- International Master’s Award of Excellence is worth $2,500 per term, for a maximum of six terms.
Eligibility Criteria for the University of Waterloo Scholarship
To be eligible to be considered for the University of Waterloo Scholarship, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Candidates who are in excellent academic standing (normally at least 70 percent score at the undergraduate stage; generally, a minimum of 75 percent average for graduate students) can be considered for the scholarships.
- The applicants must be full-time undergraduate or graduate students from any department who want to have the international exchange program in Israel that includes a minimally paid or volunteer co-op international work placement, volunteer placement as well as an academic exchange during the study period that meets academic requirements.
- International students who possess valid Canadian study permits are fully registered and assessed international tuition costs.
- Students usually receive this type of award in programs that focus on research (thesis or their major research piece).
- The course is normally offered to students who are entering the very first term of their course (term 1.0).
- Students are required to demonstrate academic excellence using criteria established by faculty.
- Students must satisfy the academic standards of their programs and have any outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- The award could be given or added to other external or internal scholarship programs (e.g, UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Notice that scholarships differ from sponsorships – refer to the next bullet.
- In general, students shouldn’t be receiving concurrently international government or agency sponsorship (e.g, China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc.) or be entirely or partially self-funded, in excess of the minimum requirements for faculty of financial support.
- Grandparents who have been granted a grandparent under the current IMSA program are not eligible for an IMAE However students who were previously granted an IMSA for the completion of a master’s degree previously is eligible to be considered in the hopes of an IMAE.
- Students will automatically be selected to receive this award on the basis of the application form they submit to be considered for admission. Departments and/or faculty will determine their own internal procedure for selecting recipients based on qualifications criteria and the allocation.
- Faculties can impose more stringent qualifications for students based on the appropriate.
Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship and avail scholarship which will pay for fees for tuition for books, books, incidental charges as well as full residence support for four years.
How to apply for the University of Waterloo Scholarship?
Follow these steps to apply for the David Johnston-Lebovic Foundation International Experience Award scholarship:
- Candidates are required to be admitted at the university to be admitted to the undergraduate and graduate degree programs. After being admitted, applicants are able to access their application through their application web pages.
- Candidates must submit a personal statement, which will be a reference to their application. Each applicant needs to provide proof of their English proficiency to meet the minimum requirements to be admitted.
Follow the instructions for applying for the International Master’s Award of Excellence award:
- Students will automatically be eligible for this award based on the application they submitted to be admitted, so there is no separate application needed.
- Departments and/or Faculties choose students and then nominate them students for scholarships.
- Check on the website of official organizations (link located below) for deadlines for an application in the specific Masters’s Degree program.
To learn more regarding the University of Waterloo Scholarship, go to their official website at:
- International Master’s Award of Excellence award
- Official Website
Description Of the University Of Waterloo Scholarship
- The host country is Canada
- Host University: University of Waterloo
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- The University Of Waterloo Scholarship is available for students to pursue undergraduate studies and research-based Master and Ph.D. degrees in any discipline that is offered by the University of Waterloo.
- Program Period: It depends on the program you choose.
- Deadline for Undergraduates: The deadlines are April 15, 15th of July, and 15th of November each year. The same applies to Masters’s and Ph.D deadlines, they could be different for different programs.
What It Covers?
- David Johnston Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards will be given for as much as $2,500 to fund a single-term study experience, $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-time volunteer or work experience, or up to $10,000 for 2-term volunteering or work experience.
- International Master’s Award of Excellence is worth $2,500 per term, for a maximum of six months.
The deadline for the University of Waterloo Scholarship 2024 is different for various programs. For undergraduate programs Deadlines are April 15 or July 15 and November 15 each year. The same applies to Masters’s and Ph.D deadlines, they could be different for different degrees. You must check all these programs for dates for submission by clicking