IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023 Online Apply here. IRI International Postdoctoral Fellowship a one-year, non-residential learning-and-training programme that will enable postdoctoral fellows to come from Pakistan. Over a five-year period, the project will offer 1000 fellowships. These fellowships can be awarded on merit at the national level. IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program will not have an age limit.
The scenic capital of Pakistan is home to the International Islamic University Islamabad. It boasts a beautiful campus with traditional Islamic architecture, well-equipped libraries, and a vibrant international culture that welcomes students from all over the world. International Islamic University Islamabad is a great place for scholars and researchers who are interested to learn about Urdu literature and language in its historical and cultural context.
The Faculty of Languages and Literature announces its IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for the Department of Urdu, effective September 2022. Fellowships are currently limited and will be awarded to the most qualified candidates only after an in-depth review of research proposals, knowledge, and previous research experience.
Who can apply?
Scholars who want to study topics such as socio-political analysis of contemporary Urdu literature South Asian culture, history, and literary texts as well as Sufi literature, colonial, and postcolonial literary milieus in South Asia, Urdu literature, film, Urdu literature, media, compilation, and oral traditions, Pakistani society, development, and teaching of Urdu as an international language, will find this program a wonderful opportunity.
The IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship is open to all interested scholars who hold a PhD in any relevant discipline.
IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023 Online Apply
The following will be sent to the selected scholars:
- Research supervisor with expertise in the field Office/study Space
- Access to all resources in the IIUI libraries
- Free transport to and from the university within the city (as per bus routes), when required
- An opportunity to meet the faculty and students
- A possibility to teach/co-teach a course in the department depending on the satisfaction of all requirements.
Option 1: 6 months
Option 2: 12 months
IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship Offered Programs
International Islamic University Islamabad offers fellowships in the following Ph.D. programs.
- Islamic Studies
- Social Sciences
- Languages and literature
For national Fellows:
- Rs. 25,000/- for 6 months
- Rs.50,000/- for one year
For International Fellows:
- US $300/- for 6 months
- US $ 600/- for one year
Requirement to Completion
- Postdoc fellows selected must complete a research project under the supervision of the nominated supervisor. Candidates can choose their supervisor if they so desire. If possible, it will be considered.
- During the IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship, each postdoc fellow will present one to two seminars.
- Postdoc fellows will publish at least one journal paper, a monologue, or a book after the project is completed.
IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship Eligibility Guidelines
Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can apply.
- The applicant must hold a Ph.D. in one of the following fields: Social Sciences and Humanities (Islamic Studies, Quranic Sciences, Hadith and Sciences, Sirah, Sharrah, Islamic Law and Jurisprudence, Islamic History, Islamic Culture, Islamic Thought, Philosophy, Tasawuf, Literature, Political, and Economic Thought, Law, Comparative Study of Religions, education, Urdu, and other Pakistani languages.
- Candidate for IIUI Ph.D.
IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 Submission form
Complete application forms duly recommended by the concerned Dean/Director/Head of the Department along with required documents and research proposal should preferably be emailed to [email protected] as an attachment in PDF format or may also be sent through Postal Service to the programme coordinator.
How to Apply for IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023?
- Apply through email [email protected] or [email protected]
- Attach the following documents to your application:
- Let us know your intentions
- A research proposal of between 1000 and 1500 words, along with the proposed fellowship duration.
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae
- 02 Reference letters
After due diligence, selected applicants will be notified. After payment of the fee, admission will be confirmed.
IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 Advertisement
IIUI Fellowship 2023 Deadline
The last date to submit International Islamic University Islamabad IIU International Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 is 31 January 2023
Address: Room D-005, Imām Abū Hanīfāh Block, International Islamic University, Islamabad.
Phone: +92-51 9019645, +92-51 9019612, +92-51 9257972
Email: [email protected]
Further Information for International Students: